It works worldwide
GTCOM2-4G works on any 2G/3G/4G networks worldwide:
- North America
- Carrier: USA: AT&T, Rogers, T-Mobile, Canada: Chatr Mobile. Module Bands: 4G – FDD-LTE:B2/ B4/ B12, 3G-WCDMA:B2/B5.
- Carrier: USA: Verizon Module Bands: 4G – FDD-LTE: B4/B13 FCC/GCF/RoHS/
- South America
- Other regions
- Cost-effective upgrade for existing security panel
- Provides GSM/GPRS/LTE connectivity for non-GSM security alarm panels
- Available in 2G or 4G mobile network versions
- IP communicator for fire alarm control panels
- Individual protection for homes, garages, cottages, and other properties
- Remote device control via GSM network
- Access control for gates and doors
- Automation of premises, temperature, and voltage control
- Programmable temperature alarm and thermostat control for heating or climate control equipment
GTCOM2 can notify up to 8 users via SMS or calls, with customized SMS text in their native language. It also converts Contact ID events from the alarm panel into a format that can be read by SMS. Additionally, the module can automatically dial users and inform them about system alarms until the call is acknowledged.
- Compatible with PSTN landline communicators on any alarm panel
- Receives Ademco Contact ID codes via PSTN DTMF from any central panel that supports phone number dialing using DTMF tones and meets the Ademco Contact ID data format according to the SIA DC-05 standard.
- Sends events to monitoring stations using the widely-used SIA DC-09 protocol approved by the SIA Association.
- Supports full transmission of Contact ID over IP SIA-DC09 event information to the security company’s monitoring station.
- Provides a backup communication channel in case of primary channel failure.
- Advanced SERANOVA App for iOS, Android, and Web Browsers:
- Receive push notifications and special audio alerts for events
- Remotely arm/disarm the system
- Control connected devices such as lights, gates, air conditioning, heating, and lawn watering
- Monitor temperature using up to 32 sensors that can be directly connected to the 1-Wire connector without requiring additional equipment
- Assign different user rights for administrator, installer, and invited users
- Detailed alarm event notifications, including bypass, low battery, AC fault, etc.
- Many ways to arm/disarm the system via short call, SERANOVA app, web browser, SMS, RFID, and iButton
- System control using Maxim-Dallas iButton keys (iButton DS1990A – 64 bit ID)
- Supports up to 32 temperature sensors or 1 humidity/temperature sensor for automation purposes such as HVAC temperature control, alarm, and control
- 2 inputs/outputs for remote control via GSM cell phone
- 2 inputs with Wiegand interface for keypad and RFID reader
- Supports up to 800 remote control users via free short call and 800 users control by GSM call or iButton keys
- Configuration using standard mini-USB cable
- Remote configuration and firmware upgrade
- Free configuration and diagnostic software. Easy installation with testing and diagnostic of the module via USB by using program SERA
- Troubleshooting and testing of the module via USB PC; this saves time for installer and allows real-time monitoring of module parameters, input/output and GSM modem status (IMEI, SIM, registration) etc.
- Virtually unlimited event log.
Fast and Easy Installations
Installing the GTCOM2 is a breeze – all you need is an alarm panel to power it up. No router configuration is necessary either. With the ability to configure the communicator in SERA2, installation time can be cut in half! Additionally, the real-time diagnostic and testing feature of the device saves installers precious time. You can even maintain the GTCOM2 from the comfort of your own chair by remotely configuring and updating its firmware.
You can choose from 3 different ways of the mounting:
- Wall mounting (no need to open enclosure)
- DIN Rail Mounting
- VELCRO Hook and loop Self Adhesive Sticky Back tape fastener
How it works
The GTCOM2 has been tested and confirmed to work with the following central panels:
- DSC PC1616, DSC 1565, DSC 5010, and all PC and Neo series
- Paradox SPC-1738EX, Paradox Digiplex Evo192, Esprit, Spectra, Imperial, and all SP, Digiplex, Magelan series
- Pyronix Matrix 6
- Teletek CA62SE
- Satel CA-10
It is important to note that the GTCOM2 can also work with other central panels that have a PSTN communicator and meet the Ademco Contact ID data format according to the SIA DC-05 standard, as long as they support phone number dialing using DTMF tones (pulse dialing is not supported by GTCOM).
Many security control panels use the PSTN land phone line and the Contact ID protocol to transfer events to monitoring stations. These messages help to quickly find out where the event took place and what kind of event is it, e.g. triggered sensor, security system in ARM state, security system troubles, network failure etc. However, most security control panels cannot send SMS notifications to users about alarms and other events.
To address this issue, the GTCOM2 module was developed. It simulates a PSTN line, receives Contact ID messages in DTMF tones, and converts them into readable formats. It can also send SMS notifications to users via the GSM network.
The GTCOM2 is compatible with any security control panel that supports DTMF tone dialing and the Ademco Contact ID data format according to the SIA DC-05 standard. It can be used to protect houses, garages, cottages, vehicles, as well as for access control, gate control, automation, and temperature control.
The GTCOM2 module simulates a dial-up line and receives Contact ID messages in DTMF tones from the security control panel. All information from the security control panel is transferred to the module in DTMF tones.
The Contact ID message received from the security control panel follows this format: ACCT MT Q XYZ GG CCC S.
To convert the Contact ID message into user-friendly SMS text, four tables of message codes are used. The event description text can be customized, allowing for desirable text to be generated for every received Contact ID message. For example, “Home Burglar alarm Bedroom”. Additionally, every SMS text can be customized to the user’s native language.